The Upper Ninth Ward community is making valiant steps towards revitalizing their neighborhoods, but there are many vital services that the area still lacks. ASII endeavors to fill this gap by providing services such as school supply giveaways, free health fairs, free tax preparation and various other services.
To date, ASII has accomplished the following:
- Distributed free school supplies to more than 150 students at our “Back to School Extravaganza”
- Prepared and filed tax returns through our VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program for more than 200 low-to- moderate income families
- Hosted health fairs that provided free health care services to approximately 100 households
- Worked with Habitat for Humanity to complete several home builds in the Musician’s Village
- Painted hallways and classrooms at KIPP Renaissance High School
- Worked with Neighborworks to complete a playground build